I made the medium size, but adjusted the number of stitches because I wasn't getting the gauge Sally specified. I also used a tip I found in the Einstein group on Ravelry and shortened the height of the sleeve opening. This reduced the amount of extra fabric under the arm and I am very happy with the way it fits.
Instead of knitted in buttonholes, I made a short chain with my yarn and sewed in in place across from the buttons. Hopefully, it shows well enough in the close up picture.
I used Lion Brand Suede in the color fuschia.
It's darker than the picture to the left, but not as dark as the full shot.
I think it took about 14 balls, but I'll have to go count all the empty ball bands to be sure. I only paid $1 a skein, so definitely a good investment. The buttons came from The Woodlot and I found them last October at The CreativFestival in Toronto.
I wore it last week to the CCC (Creative Clothing Club) meeting and got a few compliments. The best knitter in our group even took notice of it - thanks Claudia!
It's soft and warm, and my new favorite sweater!!