Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Spectra Scarf

     I bought this as a kit at the CreativFestival in Toronto last October.  The pattern is by Stephen West and it was included with the yarn - Noro Silk Garden Sock yarn, color S241 and Ella Rae Lace Merino, color 8.   You can see the pattern here.
      I wet the starting end and "blocked" it (laid it on a towel and patted it to the shape I wanted) to see if it would look different.  You can't see the change in the photo, but it drapes much nicer and doesn't look as lumpy where the yarn changes from the Noro to the merino.
     I was working on it at CCC last week and my friend didn't want to leave until I got to the next color change.  Here you are, Brenda!  See the green!  BTW, the colors are much brighter in good light.  Next time we have sun, I'll take it outside and re-do the picture.

1 comment:

  1. I love that scarf and the yarn. In case you haven't heard, I've been in the hospital for several days with blocked intestines. It's been very unpleasant and hurtful. But, I am home now and healing.

    ReplyDelete